I was interested in building my genealogy and I found myself with some problems to which this Stack Exchange community helped me a lot to solve. The reason I was interest in buying the genealogy is to have a better and more complete understanding to where I come from, and this would help me to see where I am going to with my life. Building my genealogy was especially complex since a lot of my ancestors immigrated from abroad in the late 19th or early 20th century, and I am originate from a lot of place.
According to the info I found, in addition to have ancestors in many different places in Switzerland and neighbouring countries. In other countries I have documented ancestry from
- Upper Silesia (Poland/Germany borderlands)
- South-western Germany (Baden and Württemberg)
- France (départments of Doubs and Pyrénées-Atlantiques)
- Vorarlberg (Austria)
Within Switzerland I have documented ancestry in cantons of:
- St. Gallen
Many of my ancestors were born before or less than 9 months after their parent's marriages, meaning that it is not unlikely that some of my documented ancestors aren't my biological ancestors. The vast majority of my ancestors come from the poor, lower classes.
I am glad to exchange emails from anyone who shares my ancestors by email using jmasur [at] bluewin [dot] ch in order to exchange research on them. I am a fluent speaker in French and English and I can manage German pretty well.
Please do not use the above email address to discuss any other Stack Exchange issues related to any site.
Member for 5 years, 10 months
4 profile views
Last seen Jun 8 '20 at 20:09
- Politics 6.9k 6.9k 44 gold badges2424 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- History 5.1k 5.1k 22 gold badges2525 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 1.7k 1.7k 77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Genealogy & Family History 1.3k 1.3k 77 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 945 945 22 gold badges99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 101 Why is Greece's debt considered a problem but not US debt, which is much larger?
- 87 What is the capitalist answer to rail passenger transportation being non financially profitable?
- 59 Why does 8 bit truecolor use only 2 bits for blue?
- 51 How exactly does "/bin/[" work?
- 50 Is this colour footage of Breslau in 1939 authentic?
- 36 Is there anything like Schengen area anywhere else in the world?
- 30 Did Jews integrate into Western modern society back when Saturday was a normal working day?
- View more network posts →